News 23 June 2022
LPLC is seeking proposals from eligible legal firms for appointment to its legal panel for a three year term. The legal panel provides insured legal practitioners with expert legal advice and representation in the defence of professional liability claims.
LPLC is an independent statutory authority providing approved professional indemnity insurance to more than 22,500 Victorian barristers and solicitors and many of Australia’s national law firms.
While the majority of LPLC’s litigated claims arise in Victoria, LPLC also requires expertise in other jurisdictions where national firms insured by LPLC are located (particularly in New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia).
It is not mandatory for legal panel firms to be able to provide expertise in all jurisdictions.
LPLC works in partnership with panel firms to achieve the following outcomes:
- delivery of advice that is accurate, practical, succinct, in plain language, prepared efficiently and in a timely manner
- consistency in quality of service
- mutually beneficial pricing arrangements that are transparent and deliver value for money
- adherence to LPLC’s Claims Guidelines for Panel Solicitors
- an excellent claims service for LPLC’s insured practitioners.
To be eligible to submit a proposal law firms must be able to appoint a relationship partner who has a minimum of 10 years PAE in either professional indemnity litigation (preferred) or commercial litigation.
Panel firms are also required to demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas of law:
- building and construction
- commercial law (in particular: banking, securities, business and/or asset sales and purchases)
- commercial litigation
- family law
- migration law
- finance, mortgages and guarantees
- personal cost orders
- personal injury litigation
- property and conveyancing
- wills and estates
|Expression of interest closing date||8 July 2022|
|Proposal submission closing date||5 August 2022|
|Advice on outcome of proposal||2 September 2022|
|Anticipated contract commencement||1 October 2022|