What insurance do I need to work as a locum?

If you intend to practice as a locum, you should take out a full practising certificate and apply for a reduced contribution if your estimated earnings, excluding earnings in a true temporary locum tenens situation (where you are replacing a principal or employee practitioner during temporary absence) are below $132,000 per annum.